Residences will be open for all Atlantic Bubble students to move in on January 17, 2021.
Students who are required to quarantine (self-isolate) must arrive on campus for move in on January 3, 2021. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require special arrangements to arrive on January 1 or 2.
Moving in your belongings
- You can designate one support person (such as a family member or friend) to enter your Residence building to help you move in. Your support person must wear a non-medical face mask at all times while inside the building. The designated support person is not a transferrable role (i.e. family members cannot switch off at different times).
- Other family and friends may be present to assist with unloading vehicles and say goodbyes, but they will not be permitted to enter any Acadia buildings. All family and friends visiting Acadia must be free from any symptoms of COVID-19, regardless of whether or not they will be entering the building. If a member of your support party feels sick, they must stay home.
- Acadia welcome committee volunteers will be available to assist you moving into your residence room, but it is recommended that you pack lightly.
Students in Quarantine (Self-Isolation)
What does Quarantine (Self-Isolation) in Residence Look like?
- Dining Hall and Meal Service will be available for those students in quarantine (self-isolation); further details to come.
- Access to laundry facilities will be scheduled to accommodate for proper cleaning and sanitation.
- Washrooms will be assigned and shared with a maximum of up to 4 students.
- Required Daily Health Check-in: students will be required to report on COVID-19 symptoms on a daily basis. This measure will be supported by Acadia’s on-campus Occupational Nurse.
- All common room spaces will be closed.
- Gatherings and guests are not permitted in rooms at any time (including those residing on the same floor).
- Alcohol consumption will not be permitted.